Clacking sound from the tailgate area

Joe Rambo

Hi there,

I am new to this forum. I own a X5 F15. I have been hearing some clacking noise coming from the tailgate area.

After 3 visit to the BMW service centre, it is still not resolved. Anyone faced the similar problem?

Appreciate any small tips... Thanks

Hi Joe...welcome to the Forum

I would probably try another dealer to see if they can resolve or even diagnose the fault...seems unacceptable for a vehicle this age.

In the meantime, it may be worth seeing if there is anything in the boot area that is rolling around, otherwise it may be a bolt or assembly that has been dropped into a void during assembly and has been left there....seen it lots of times in cheaper and older vehicles.

Let us know how you get on with it

Cheers,  Trevor

Welcome Joe

As Trevor has said I would check under the boot floor that nothing is loose and all the tools etc are clipped in properly. Took me ages to find a rattle in the cargo area on mine turned out to be the pull out luggage blind not clipped in properly.

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links