Clonking

Hi all

When I put my foot on brake I get    a clocking . Checked pads and seem like as I brake they move and hit carrier , also when i removed pads they just fall out really easy . Could the pads be just a tad too small or any suggestions how i can check this . X3 2006 diesel 

Hi 

Pads should be a sliding fit in the caliper not loose

Check the correct part number against www.realoem.com put the last 7 digits of your vin in and look at Brakes it may be that if you haven't had that car since new that a previous owner or garage has fitted the wrong pads

• Like 1

Have you had the car from new? Do you know who serviced the brakes last? Definitely sounds like the wrong pads or maybe something loose check the sliding part of the caliper and the mounting bolts on the back of the hub. 

If whoever worked on the brakes was a bit slap dash and didn't torque them up correctly then things can become loose.

Running out of ideas and options now Ollie boy. Apart from a new set of pads or at least a helpful Parts guy that will let you compare? 

If the pads are correct for your model and all fitted OK then I am at a loss, I can only think the pads are incorrect for your Model?

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links