Central locking

Hi

newby here to forum and Z3's! I recently purchased a Z3 2.8 R reg 1998. Nice car in good nick but central locking wasn't working on passenger door either with key or alarm. Also Alarm seems to be to sensitive and goes off periodically for no reason! 

Anyway decided to buy a new actuator for the passenger door and duly fitted! All ok so far except now central locking is working fine on all three locks on the alarm but whereas before if I just used the key in the lock on the drivers door it would lock both the drivers and the boot now it only locks the door the key is in and doesn't initiate central locking at all! 

Clearly the actuator was duff as now I can activate the central locking with setting the alarm but no longer with the Key!! Anybody else experienced this? Could it be that I need to clear a fault on the computer?? Please help

thanks

andy

22 minutes ago, Physiopro said:

Hi

newby here to forum and Z3's! I recently purchased a Z3 2.8 R reg 1998. Nice car in good nick but central locking wasn't working on passenger door either with key or alarm. Also Alarm seems to be to sensitive and goes off periodically for no reason! 

Anyway decided to buy a new actuator for the passenger door and duly fitted! All ok so far except now central locking is working fine on all three locks on the alarm but whereas before if I just used the key in the lock on the drivers door it would lock both the drivers and the boot now it only locks the door the key is in and doesn't initiate central locking at all! 

Clearly the actuator was duff as now I can activate the central locking with setting the alarm but no longer with the Key!! Anybody else experienced this? Could it be that I need to clear a fault on the computer?? Please help

thanks

andy

Just managed to sort central locking, fuse 7 was blown so hopefully will now be ok! Just wondered if the chunk of metal in the boot on the left is tondo with the alarm and if so is it the movement sensor? If so is it possible to desensitise or turn off! Thanks 

andy

1 hour ago, Trevor said:

Hi Andy...and welcome to the club!

I found with my Z3 that water ingress was responsible for the alarm being triggered.

With the less than perfect weather we have been having, possibly this could be the same reason?

Regards   Trevor - Admin

Thanks Trevor appreciate the welcome and the advice! I think the boot is most likely! Do you know where the sensor is in the boot?

Cheers

andy

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links