E34 Buying Question

eadie_e34

Hi guys, just new to the BMW owners club. Quick question, 2moro I am off to see about buying a 1994 e34 525 tds. Its also an auto. So far in the pictures the car looks totally immaculate inside and out, no rust and low miles.

I'm just wondering if anyone who has one or knows about them if they can tell me if there are any problems or common things to look out for when I go to see it.

Any info would be awesome thanks

Hey Mark,

Yeah i'm pretty familiar with the E34s. I love them very much, my second favorite to the E28.

The 525tds engine is lovely. They've used it in the Range Rover and Vauxhall Omegas so plenty of spare parts floating around. I prefer my E34s automatics as they are like driving big oil tankers :rolleyes: so good choice.

no common things to note really. Other than the usuals to look out for in Diesels; turbo, service history, starting from COLD etc etc. One thing i could note is that they have very thick carpets so can hide gremlins like rust holes. Feel for any dampness and look under for HOLES.

If it feels right, it should be ok matey. That in mind if it isn't, we are here to help B)

Daz

Sill rust is by far the worst problem on the E34 now. The rear sections in particular rot like mad. Jacking points are normally not far behind.

If it has the plastic covers fitted this can be hard to spot. Always check closely & never take the sellers word that it is 'rust-free'. Repairs are tricky, time-consuming & potentially expensive.

• 1 year later...

as its low miles the vanos should be ok ,im just waiting for a second hand 1 to get to me as my e34 nearly 200thousand miles is be having badly ,ive restored it and given it a matt black spray job, BMW need,s it too keep living as 3 broken legs on one side ,auto is good for me ,tell me haw you got on,

IMG_2822.JPG

IMG_3963.JPG

IMG_3962.JPG

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links