Ticking Noise

Leeg1974

Hi, I serviced my e53 3.0d today and now iv got a slight/suttle ticking noise coming from front engine bay, ( I think belt area) I'm 99% sure it's not coming from engine but could be wrong, I put castrol edge 0w30 in and filled to the top mark, I no its a bit difficult to pinpoint by saying front engine bay but was wandering if any common problems with ticking in that area.

Also I can only hear at idle if I'm stood at front off car and it only does it when warmed up.

I had a visual inspection and iv sprayed water on belts and pulleys, they or it is making a very slight noise and completely disappears when water is sprayed but nothing out the ordinary, and ticking is still there, I first thought the ticking was best herd down by the bonnet open latch (grill area)that is were it seems loudest, but it could be the front top off engine it's hard to pinpoint, (I'd say it's like a bad tappet noise but not loud, can't hear it in cabin only at front off car, if previous oil was 10w40 or something like that. could it be because I have put 0w30 in.

• 3 weeks later...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M_krvlf3pBI

I no it's hard to diagnose just by this video but any suggestions will be very welcome, Iv changed the chrome/silver part (vacuum pump) and it's not that, checked all over fan area and nothing catching that I can see, had couple garages look at it but couldn't pinpoint it, video makes it sound a lot worse than it actually is,

When car is cold there is no noise,

Slight ticking after 30/60 minuets

Loudest after hard driving (not racing/but using its power)

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links