Help Please - West Yorkshire (Bradford)

wizzzkid007

Hi guys,

I bought myself an 2006 E53 X5 last week!! Fantastic looking thing but there are a couple of niggles. Already spent over £700 on service and new tyres so my budgets kind of running out fast :-D

I was wondering if we have an anbody who lives fairly local to Bradford, West yorkshire that can help with any of the following Pleaseeeee;

1) Bluetooth (Just will not recognise my iphone 5, followed all the instructions but its not having it)

2) Aux heater (works fine, timer works as should but its blowing out cold air only)

3) Wing Mirrors (Passenger side keeps moving out of place, could be something to do with the gears)

Has anybody fixed any of the above on their cars and wouldn't mind lending a helping hand?

I wouldn't mind travelling if your far either :-)

please help me get the love of my life back to its best!

Farukh.

Morning

Congratulations on your car sounds good. I will try and help

1) Bluetooth (Just will not recognise my iphone 5, followed all the instructions but its not having it)

BMW bluetooth modules have changed many times and your not alone with pairing difficulties. First you say your following the instructions, you are pressing the pairing button in the armrest and not the steering wheel aren't you? The other way is to buy a BMW 1.4.0 scanner (about £20 from ebay) and run it on an a laptop, you will be able to read codes reset them etc plus you can start pairing through it. That s how I got mine paired.

2) Aux heater (works fine, timer works as should but its blowing out cold air only)

Have you got a Webasto unit under the bonnet? If not you have Aux Ventilation not heating.

3) Wing Mirrors (Passenger side keeps moving out of place, could be something to do with the gear

The mirror will tilt down when in reverse? Or is it the complete housing moving? If it is then you will need to take the rear cover off to see what is happening inside the mirror could just be something loose, gear repair kits are availble on ebay if that is the issue. You will need a thin trim removal tool start at the bottom and release the clips then the side then the back will tilt out and lift away, just take your time lots of "How too's" on You tube.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links