First Time Bmw Owner

Hi Brian and Sam, I to am a first time BMW owner. I went from a 2.0 turbo petrol tuned Vauxhall Astra to my 123D M Sport hatch. Its the best car I've ever owned and the best decision I've ever made. I still have power if I need it but I am currently getting 48.7mpg instead of the 24-32mpg in my Astra!

Yeah, those 123d's are rapid. Since picking up my car from the garage last night, I've only averaged 18mpg... eek.

There are a few niggles that I've got with mine, but then it's an 11 year old car. The rear parking sensors don't work; the wheels feel well out of balance (it's in Kwik-Fit as I type); the oil warning light comes on for a moment after all other warning lights come on when I first turn the engine on, then it goes off; the rear boot lid struts make a groaning noise; and the spare wheel's missing... Still, it goes like stink, has an awesome stereo and is sooo easy to drive.

I'll get some pics uploaded once I've given it a proper polish. The garage I bought it from cleaned it, but obviously did a bit of a rushed job, or used less than premium products. I've got an Autoglym set just waiting to get involved!

Yeah the 123d is quick. Although on paper my astra was quicker. The BMW actually manages to put all that power on the road though. I ofter experienced torque steer and major under steering from my astra. RWD all the way

Yeah the 123d is quick. Although on paper my astra was quicker. The BMW actually manages to put all that power on the road though. I ofter experienced torque steer and major under steering from my astra. RWD all the way

• 2 weeks later...

hi all im 77 and have just taken possession of a bmw 323se 1998 which was left to me in a will.its absolutely immaculate and I love it. its fast ,safe and as far as I am concerned the best car I have ever owned,will post pics shortly.john.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links