Hello From A Yella' Belly! E46 330Ci Owner

jimnotjon

Evening Ladies and Gents.

My names James, I am from Lincoln.

I joined the forum back in April with the intention of researching about the E46 prior to buying one. My previous hello thread was of a similar title but now, I have actually bought a new car and I am here to enjoy the forum (now a paid subscriber) and show it off!

It's a 2003 330ci Sport. I was told that it was space grey, however I believe it's 'Silver Grey'.

Completely standard, not really looking to change anything to be honest as I love it the way it is. Maybe possibly a few carbon fibre bits but nothing other than that (unless the collective can persuade me!!).

Unfortunatley, it isn't the tidiest, but its not the worst and to a non car person I have had comments of it being "immaculate" which is nice to hear, but in my eyes far from it.

Bodywork wise, other than the usual stone chips on the hood and wings, scruffy lower portion of the bumper it has a couple of small supermarket trolly dints on the rear n/s wing. I have left these for the time being as I don't want a repair to crack the paint. Also the wheels are marked from the previous owner not being able to park.

Interior wise it's pretty clean up front, aside from the common bolster stitching coming away and the bottom right support foam going. This is due to be sorted soon. The previous owner has had at least one dog in there as the trim on one of the rear arm rests has chew marks, slight tear in the rear seat (not very noticeable) and a couple of claw marks.

A run of bad luck meant that I developed a rattle a couple of days of getting it home. These weren't evident on the test drive so my luck must have been running low. The sound was coming from the right of the engine so I investigated the DISA Valve. It was nakkard. So I bought a repair kit, fitted it back together and it was silent! Result! Or so I thought as five minutes later it started making the sound again. I put it down to a noisy pully or bearing on the alternator, which proved to be correct a few days later as I broke down with a failed alternator. All is now well and I can enjoy driving it, which I am immensely.

Things to do to it are as follows:

Front Discs and Pads which will be done next month (Any recommendations for either? Pagid? I was looking at drilled brembos, with DS2500 pads).
Repair Seat - Will be done soon

Refurb The Wheels

Service

Anyway, I have probably missed a lot off there but I shan't bore you anymore. Here are some photos.

Regards, James

newcar1_zps806b0c30.jpg

10498057_10154313330905525_3928279370583

10497203_10154420469895525_1277774766288

10408936_10154420469955525_7473708921848

10560524_10154420470000525_1401271122870

10448618_10154420470205525_2977303609885

10548313_10154420470295525_1768609222636

Awesome pics James. My favourites are where it's parked in front of the puddle and where you've photoshopped the engine through the bonnet. How'd you do that out of interest? I've got a Canon EOS 550D and want to get into taking some more moody pics of cars...

Thanks for the welcome guys. Just discovered that my rocker cover gasket is weaping, Seen oil running down the front onto the water pipe :( . Looks like it has been done before but not very well.

Cheers Storey. It's pretty easy if you know the basics of Photoshop. You basically take two photos (camera on a tripod, manual exposure/focus) one with the bonnet down, and one with it up. You open up the bonnet open one in photoshop, then open the bonnet closed one up. Copy the closed bonnet pic and paste it on top of the other, it will be a new layer, set the opacity in the layers pallet to 30% or something so you can see the image below, select the eraser tool with a feathered edge and rub out around the engine. Bring back the opacity and you will have the above result.