Sat Nav Disc

amyanddave

just got my 4.4is on a 52 plate and its missing the sat nab disc and the cartridge from the Cd Changer anyone know a good place to get replacements I've searched ebay and amazon and can't seem to find the right parts lots of nab discs for other models mainly newer or difference screen types.

It depends on whether your Navigation is CD based Mk3 or DVD based Mk4? Is your Nav computer working? Just wondering why no disc?

If you look at the front of the Nav unit a Mk4 will have a DVD logo clearly visible. The Mk3 CD based unit will only have UK maps and cant be upgraded to allow Post Code search etc due to capacity, as far as I am aware. The DVD based systems will be full European maps plus can be upgraded to Post Code search speed cameras etc. If your buying OEM Nav Discs make sure they are the "High" version not Professional if your looking to upgrade there are a number of sources but I would take care the DVD Nav units don't like copied or cloned discs and some it is claimed have contributed to failure of the DVD Laser head. The Mk3 (up to 2002) and Mk4 (2002 0n) Nav computers were used across the BMW range, all models including the Mini. So your disc wont need to be X5 specific.

As for the Cd Changer cartridge my first X5 had spare Nav computer and Cd Changer loose in the boot when I brought it. The Nav computer has a new home already but if you want the Cd Changer your welcome to it it is complete but I don't know if it works, it.s been sitting in the garage for 3 years or so. You cant be to far away in Hampshire, PM me if your interested.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links