Emissions Control Pump

stan148

My emissions control pump has packed up and I'm getting exhaust gasses coming in my air filter and condensation in the pump hence why it has packed up. My question is do I really need it? I know its there to help the exhaust gasses an cat when the car is cold but not many cars have these so can I do away with it?

Guest DazH

You can delete the SAP but the check engine light on the dash will ping up. Also, if you do delete it I woudln't know how as you would need to have it blanked off

You may have problems with MOT unless the car is warm enough already (it's not needed after a few minutes).

Many car's don't have it, correct but those car's have ECUs that are not expecting it to be there.

Personally, I would say that if you have it confirmed faulty, change it.

Hope this helps,

Daz

Its defiantly faulty as its full of condensation and researched this and its caused by a faulty valve on the manifold, can anyone tell me where i can locate this valve??? and my air filter is black just after a few days, I have the pump unplugged now and have no light on inside the car!

Guest DazH

Its defiantly faulty as its full of condensation and researched this and its caused by a faulty valve on the manifold, can anyone tell me where i can locate this valve??? and my air filter is black just after a few days, I have the pump unplugged now and have no light on inside the car!

Hmm, it should flag up and start moaning on the dash.

You can call around a few parts shops but, if not it's a dealer trip mate

There's a bmw breakers yard nearby, so I'm sure they would have what I need, just with the car only needing it for a few minutes on start up for emissions I thought it might be ok to remove all together like an egr valve

Guest DazH

There's a bmw breakers yard nearby, so I'm sure they would have what I need, just with the car only needing it for a few minutes on start up for emissions I thought it might be ok to remove all together like an egr valve

Even an EGR needs blanking off mate. Give me a few moments, I'll have a work with ma parts man

PM me your telephone number mate

Cheers,

Daz

Yeah I know it will need to be blanked off I've removed a few egr valves before, just wasn't sure if anyone new if the emissions pump did anything else or if it didn't run properly without one

Guest Mister Dabsy

It can be unplugged and removed, just join the leftover pipes together... And give it a bloody good service/clean-out before next MOT !!

If you do get a warning light, then you may need to attach something to the connector to "fool" its sensor !!

(If it wasn't discard-able, then it would've formed part of the inlet manifold - physically!)

Yeah I know what u mean by fooling it I had to do that with a cat sensor on a previous car when I took cat out, what would be the best way to clean it out? Looking at the state of my air filter I imagine that the throttle bodies and inlet are going to be a bit poo up inside would you recommend changing the air flow sensor as well as?

Guest Mister Dabsy

No need to replace anything, I would say...

Clean the Valve, TB, ICV and MAF with some form of thinner/alcohol/ethanol/isopropyl... That should do the trick ;)

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links