Airbag Light Reset Tool

Hi all,

New member so apologies if bringing up an old subject.

Recently bought a 52 plate Cooper 'S' and the airbag light has come on. I read elsewhere that this is pretty commonly to do with the wires under the front seats. To be fair, the light came on the first time after I had adjusted the passenger seat a few days after i bought it so that checks out as far as I'm concerned...

Anyway, my friend reset the light at his garage but within a day it was back on, so I looked underneath to check the connections on both seats. They are as flimsy as you like so I unplugged them all, re-routed the wiring harness under both seats to stop the 'snagging' and then duct taped the connectors together in an cheap attempt to resolve the problem. Went back to my mates garage and he reset the light again.

Literally five mins down the road, it's back on??!!

I'm too embarrassed to ask him to reset the light yet again so I'm looking to buy one of the SRS light reset tools myself. I have read loads of people suggesting the 'B200' or the 'B800'.

I can find the B800 but when I look for the B200 on a famous online retailer (you know the one), I can't find one? - instead, the search returns one called a 'U380 OBD 2 scanner'.

Any advice on whether this is the same thing or in fact even the correct thing I need?

Any help would be appreciated - the car seems to have lots of annoying little problems which I want to fix myself so will no doubt be calling upon your expertise again soon,

Thanks Martin! Haven't tried the WD40 thing - is that safe, mate? I'll give it a go if you reckon it's safe hahahaha!!

I'll be giving the seats a slap or two soon enough, I think!

i have heard a few people have tried the wd40 thing and it worked.i would try spraying some onto a cotton bud then cleaning the connections with it.it wont damage it

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Ive just had to get my Airbag light extinguished by the electrical factors as it is now an MOT failure item. It has been on for over a year and was a fault I wasn't going to pay to have rectified as I knew it would be costly. But now I have had to sort it out and have been told it was the lead from the Battery that needed replacing from the battery to the dashboard light. Over £300 and rising, not had the bill yet. However ever since I have had this little mini the water has leaked in from the hinge of the hatchback window and eventually collects down in the battery hold which makes the battery suffer and often goes dead on me.

Do you, or anyone else reading this, have this problem as I am sure that it was this that caused this electrical fault to materialise. I certainly do not want to have to pay another £300 plus next year if the winter weather floods my boot again.

Dina

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links