Out With The Old, In With The New

I've just replaced the Wife's 4.4 X5 with a 4.6. The old bus was still pulling like a train at 145,000 miles

( mostly towing a two horse box ) but was starting to look a bit shabby inside ( pale grey leather and carpet ain't exactly ideal for hunting, shooting and fishing.........and those are the outdoor pastimes I can admit

to ! ). Her new X5. is Imola red with black leather, just like my Ferraris of old before I saw sense and went back to Aston. Sod's Law being what it is, driving it into the garage she clipped the wall. Of course, she says that this X5 is wider than her last one , wouldn't you know !

But, £9 for a tiny bottle of touch up paint ( 68 grammes ) no bigger than a bottle of nail varnish is well out of order and I didn't even buy it from a main dealer - just an independent supplier.

Anyone know a source of authentic touch up paints likely to be cheaper ?

I got the paint via Amazon. More accurately, ' er Indoors " got the paint via Amazon, and she ( God bless her ! ) had no idea how much she had bought because the retailer sells it measured in grammes ! Not only that, but by the time one subtracts the weight of the bottle, plus the fact that the retailer inserts a damn great nut ( of the bolt variety ) into the container ( ostensibly to help stir the

contents ), one has just about enough paint to give two coats to the head of a very small pin. I might try eBay ( thanks for that suggestion ), but don't rate Halfords too highly since they are to motor accessories what B&Q are to DIY. - fine if you want a pair of aubergine damask cushions, but !Removed! useless if you want a half good crosscut saw.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links