Run Flat Tyres - E92 330D M Sport

apeman241

Hi

I have just asked a run flat question on the 1 series forum.

Are the BMW rims made special for run flat tyre designs? I.e is the profile different for sealing than a standard rim ? I believe I have read this somewhere ?

Thanks

K

Thanks for all the advice. I went ahead and replaced all our corners with Hankooks; does anybody know where I can find recommended pressures? I should have asked the fitter but forgot. If not I will go for 32 front 30 rear, or measure what they are filled to but, I'd like to see an index if one exists.

Also, I now have two part worn 225/35s if that interests anybody. Happy to discuss condition with a potential buyer; neither are particularly good but, somebody on here may be able to do more with them than me!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I changed from RF's to normal tyres, far better ride quality. Went to a scrappy and bought a spare wheel, jack and brace out of a scrapped E46, put it in a bag and left it in the boot. Doesn't take up too much space. Don't use my boot that often anyway.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

What is the traction like on the 330d on normal tyres, does it increase the point that the TC cuts in? I was told that the more compliant standard tyres stay in contact with the road better and reduce skipping hence reduce the amount TC cuts in. I have the 19 inch tyres and any compliance would be welcome as it is a pretty harsh ride.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links