Seat Tearing

binesy11

Hello

New to the forum as of last week.

I brought a second hand BMW 1 series only done 5000 miles when I pick it up....it's now on 5700... Any way

This morning getting into my car my other half pointed out to me that it looked as if the right bum cheek side has worn away...I've only had it two weeks....

I've got warranty with BMW for three years...but will this go down as wear and tear or is there a fault with the seat??

Has anyone else had this kind of problem before?

Cheers

Hi,

If you have only had it 2 weeks, I would get it back to BMW as soon as possible. The only problem you may have is they may say that the warranty does not cover cosmetic damage. That is where you argue that it's not cosmetic as this will soon rip further causing it to be structural.

Keep us in the loop and feedback any findings!

Daz

Thanks for the reply.

I'm going over there tomoz...they are reapraying my bumper as it was scratched by then the day I picked it up lol.

Will see what they say. Fingers crossed they will do something about its it of goodwill as I didn't fill out about the paint they scratched off....

Anyone had same issues?

You NEED to make it VERY obvious that you are not happy. If you belittle the issue, they will see that as a weakness and fill you with rubbish. This is not just BMW, it's any company in this financial climate.

Well if your not happy with the car and it's not leading to the quality in which you deem satisfactory, you COULD request a refund and give them back the car. Or if that is not possible for what ever reason, they are aware that you can give them grief. Your speaking to sales people at the end of the day. All they want is to sell a car and for it to NOT come back. By structural damage, Im referring to the growth of the tear. It being a seat and sat on every day, it might get worse and start to effect the shape of the bum-cheek..

Sorry you just happen to be speaking to someone who is pretty Anti- new car and pro old cars lol Cars are NOT what they used to be. The materials used jsut don't reflect older cars so I'm REALLY picky when it comes to praising new cars. If I was to go for a new car, It would HAVE to be BMW but even then, I would be a difficult customer lol

Leave the showroom 110% satisfied is what I'm trying to say. Have no doubts.

Cheers mate really big help. Will let you know how I get on tomoz. I will defo mention the structural damage though....and mention te refund so hopefully the pay attention....

Cheers buddy

Maybe structural damage is a bit strong a word reading back haha. I would just elaborate on the fact that it WILL grow in size and become a "Problem" in the future.

Guest Mister Dabsy

Not only that, you should remonstrate that you had no particular reason to doubt the craftsmanship of the upholstery at 5k milage, therefore, as they declined to point out the defect - you can assume they tried to hide/ignore it !! Do not back down :angry:

Mention Sandall BMW too ;) :ph34r:

Good luck matey... Yarr Aaargh :P

Mention Sandall BMW and how it was looted of it's loot than burned by a masked pirate who then after boarded his own vessel and made haste (black 728i)

They will have flash backs :rolleyes:

Guest Mister Dabsy

Aargh, yer be makin' a mockery of me denomination thar be it, messr Harkin ? The Plank be very slippery today as me hearties spent FOUR turns of yer watch waxing it, Aye !! :D

UPDATE!!!!

Went to BMW yesterday as I'm getting my bumper resprayed for free as try scratched it for me....

Anyway, they have told me that it should be covered under warranty as it has only done 6000 miles and the fabic is meant to be strong....they will send photos off and now have to wait to hearback from then :)

Thanks for te help guys....and pirate :)

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links