Mid Unit Repair (Plus Pics Of My 840!)

5TUH

Hi all, merry Christmas!

Recently bought this 840Ci Individual. Have been looking all over to try and get the MID unit repaired as the pixels are missing/faded. Have found plenty of dealers in the US, means shipping the unit to them in good faith. Is there nobody in the UK that can repair this apparently common fault?

Cheers in advance for any replies, in the meantime, my 840....

Stu

Edit: Added another couple of pics... My boy asleep in the back armchair lol Might take some interior ones later when he wakes up ;)

Have messaged a couple more places on the MID repair, will post results when I have them.

post-5734-0-99023900-1356775161_thumb.jp

post-5734-0-32007000-1356775164_thumb.jp

post-5734-0-59625100-1356775166_thumb.jp

post-5734-0-83457300-1356775169_thumb.jp

post-5734-0-96936900-1356775171_thumb.jp

post-5734-0-56448400-1356892484_thumb.jp

post-5734-0-04893900-1356892487_thumb.jp

Hey,

Lovely motor. It is indeed a common problem. Mine is all pixeled up but it doesn't bother me enough to warrant the repair.

the fault is often with the ribbon cable that connects the screen to the board. There are many repair kits you can get for it to do it yourself but you can't be shy with a screwdriver..

If you Google it, there should be many places that offer the repair in the Uk. I don't know of any of the top of my head but I'm sure they are out there.

Daz

Cheers Daz

Yeah I've been all over Google, found ONE place in Camberley but they don't reply to emails or phonecalls :/

I've read up on doing the repair myself too...I'm not shy with a screwdriver...its the soldering part I'm not sure about lol

5TU

Cheers Daz

Yeah I've been all over Google, found ONE place in Camberley but they don't reply to emails or phonecalls :/

I've read up on doing the repair myself too...I'm not shy with a screwdriver...its the soldering part I'm not sure about lol

5TU

Haha yeah the soldering bit scares many. I've seen some VERY good guides that are step by step so, with enough time and a nice kitchen work-top I'm sure you'll be fine :)

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links