Advice Needed.

N44 MPG

Hi All,

I have been a FORD man all my driving life, some 18 years.

But now I am looking for a change.

Quite like the look of the BMW 3 Series, looking for a 335 D M Sport (semi Auto) & have a budget of about £15-16K

Can anyone give me any usefull buying advice?

Looking for the Semi Auto version with the Flappy Paddle wheel, whats it like any good? I have owned auto's before but not with flappy paddle change..

Whats the drive like? Owned a Sierra Cosworth before but this will be only my second Diesel car (currently have a MK3 Mondeo ST TDCi)

Any usuall problems that rear there ugly heads?

Servicing/Parts Costs?

Any & all advice or things to look out for will be appreciated...

Many Thanks,

Mike

Hi All,

I have been a FORD man all my driving life, some 18 years.

But now I am looking for a change.

Quite like the look of the BMW 3 Series, looking for a 335 D M Sport (semi Auto) & have a budget of about £15-16K

Can anyone give me any usefull buying advice?

Looking for the Semi Auto version with the Flappy Paddle wheel, whats it like any good? I have owned auto's before but not with flappy paddle change..

Whats the drive like? Owned a Sierra Cosworth before but this will be only my second Diesel car (currently have a MK3 Mondeo ST TDCi)

Any usuall problems that rear there ugly heads?

Servicing/Parts Costs?

Any & all advice or things to look out for will be appreciated...

Many Thanks,

Mike

Hello Mike,

Welcome to our community. I'm going to take the liberty of moving this thread to our "new members" section as it seems a tab more appropriate

I am yet to sample a BMW flappy-paddle tran but in all honesty, If there was one car that I WOULD get it on, it would undoubtedly be a BMW for multiple reasons. I am yet to come across any "Common" issues with this tech

If you must go for a Diesel, the 335d is the way forward LOL Do you like your torque presented to you by the skip load or would you prefer individual buckets? :)

Genuine BMW parts are pricey if you source them from Britain but reasonable if you have the contacts elsewhere. I'm a massive after-market parts fan so I can assure you that aftermarket bits are cheap as chips and we can help you with that

Keep us posted,

Daz

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links