Looking To Purchase

Jafo666

Hi everyone this is my first post,

I'm looking to buy an X5, couple of question i have:

Should i go for the 3.0 or 4.4? Theres rumours about that the 4.4 has better MPG because the engine doesnt have to work as hard? But i dont think thats true, my current car averages about 21mpg so anything around that will be fine.

Anything to check on the vehicle BEFORE handing over my money?

What repairs are Common / Expensive?

I see most are high mileage, is that a bad thing?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have to admit to not having any real knowledge of this model, however i can give you some insights gained from years of BMW ownership. yes i can well beleive that the 4.4 is as good on fuel because one obvious advantage the v8 has over the 6 is in torque and this accelerate all that kerbweight with a lot less effort. It may be a little thirstier around urban but on the duallies /motorway this balances out. Certainly my 750 v12 was no worse overall than the 730/6 that followed it. Also the v8 will tend to come with more kit as standard and if you can find a v8 with a decent LPG conversion you could get diesel levels of economy. One area of not necessarily weakness but nevertheless worth looking at is the condition of the air suspension bags and compressor pump system, any work done on this showing in the S/H would be a good thing. Mileage on BMW's is not necessarily a problem, S/H is king here and just remember the old addage, by the best you can afford and do not be afraid to invest in an inspection as its almost certain they will find something that will allow you to get the cost of it back off the price. hope this helps a bit yelgdip

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links