Turbo Conversion

Dazz

hi there :D can anyone give me any advice on doing a turbo conversion on my e36 323i schnitzer ??? and also how much boost can be run with the standard pistons etc ??? many thanks :D :D

If your planning on bolting on a turbo-kit, I wouldn't. Although you have a very strong engine, If your going to do a big job like that, You'll need Low compression gaksets/Pistons to have a "Safe" boost conversion.

Go the full fat, of don't..

i wasnt going to get a kit but i did see the kits on ebay and then it got me thinking .thanks for your advice :) as for the upgradeing the pistons i dont have the funds or the know how :( my car is said to be running 260bhp although i do not know what mods it has other than manifold and exhurst internally i dont know but its running the standard airfilter is this worth changing at all ??? was looking at ramair sealed with a direct air feed into the filter

If you don't have the funds to bolt a turbo on, don't (For your own good). If you don't reduce the compression within the block you run risk of blowing her completely and by the souns of things, you have a REALLY nice motor so don't risk it.

Yes, changing the air filter to maybe a nice cone or cold air induction will bring her up a bit. Makes a really cool noise aswell :)

Your man to talk to is a bloke called Dave (SnypaD) as he has the same car as you and has done everything we are talking about (Minus the turbo). I'll link him to this thread so standby.

Daz

Im here,how can I be of assistance ??

Wants to increase his BHP without bolting a blower on the side. You have the same engine and your one can wake up hell so, Advise accordingly :P

Stainless steel race decat exhaust system and manifold + Induction cone with heat shield + Evolve Automotive remap :) its what ive done so far,jobs a good un

My next power mod is the best pound for pound mod is to get an m50 inlet manifold conversion and big bore throttle bodies....it adds up to another 30bhp

so either of the 2 above options,the latter is the cheaper :) hope this helps

Stainless steel race decat exhaust system and manifold + Induction cone with heat shield + Evolve Automotive remap :) its what ive done so far,jobs a good un

My next power mod is the best pound for pound mod is to get an m50 inlet manifold conversion and big bore throttle bodies....it adds up to another 30bhp

so either of the 2 above options,the latter is the cheaper :) hope this helps

I have an M50 intake behind me as I type :)

hi there i allready have a full stainless and maifolds im currently looking at a ram air filter as it has a cold air feed direct into the sealed filter . but yes i think a remap is in need many thanks :)

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links