330D With Dpf Removed

OllieC

Hi All,

Lots of discussion on forums about pros and cons of dpf removal. I've just had it done to my 330d as the DPF was not regenerating so I thought I would share my experience. I've done 124k in the car, which I hear is about right for DPF failure. Mostly motorway driving too.

The problem is whether to go for removal or replacement. If removing the DPF, you have to have a remap to remove related software. Cost £600.

If you keep the DPF and replace with a new unit, cost is £1700.

No brainer for me as the car is 6 years old and getting leggy.

The cost benefit is obvious. Could have had a remap at the same time but decided against it. The standard car is plenty quick enough for my needs.

Despite some posts that I have seen, there is no noticable performance difference for either speed or economy. I get bang on 500 miles to the tank generally, and this has remained the same over the last three tanks. Anybody considering should also be aware of smoke. Its not too bad, but nowhere near as clean as standard. If you've driven at say 50mph for a few miles and then boot it, there is a noticablecloud behind you.

On balance, this was probably the best option to take but not cheap for either option so buy aware if considering a 330d with anything around this mileage. The four cylinder models or 5 series are apparently a lot easier / cheaper fix.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links