740 Cupholders

Robin67

Hi Guys,

Well I needed to remove the front cup holders as mine were jambed open, and no matter how I tried I couldnt get them to close, So the option was to remove and replace, Ahhhh, and not a job I really want to try, well from what I had heard removing the centre consul WHAT!!! ahhh, anyway after looking more times than I can count on YOUTUBE and other bimmer post I found what I was at last looking for and surprise surprise was it really that simple No SURLY NOT!! So armed wit h the knowledge I thought I will have a go, Now having removed the T.V ans sat nav before I was surprised to know that once this is removed, the only other screws sorry bolts were the 4 bolts at the sides of the unit,once removed its just pull firmly and hey presto the unit is out and then just remove the 4 screws that hold the cup holders and were back in business with replacing new cup holders, about an hours work,and saved the 2 hours labour charge, hurray.and this is someone who nothing about cars, wow

Same as me, Mine are permanently open and when you fully open them, they actually come away in ya hand!

there is a fix for them but its quite fiddly.

Well done! :D Be careful with the new ones as they are a common fault and may break again...

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links