Possible Control Arm/bushings Problem???

msw7349

Hi. Been a member for a while but this is pretty much my first reach out for help!

I have an E46 318Ci Coupe 2002, I will put some pictures up soon as she is a beautiful example.

Noticed recently I have what I can only describe as a "loose" feeling or slight wobble when going over the old speed bumps etc. It is only at the front end and I feel it slightly through the steering wheel. I've searched about on here and I apologise if this has been addressed already elsewhere but I didn't come across it. I was thinking something like bushing replacement on the front control arms?? I'm semi-savvy with doing my own work but if someone could help me out with recommended parts, expected price and difficulty of job etc. that would be a great help.

Thanks in advance, just looking through this group shows me it was well worth getting involved!

Cheers guys.

Matt.

Def sounds like control arm bushes.Best to get poly bushes as replacements then you wont have to do them again,and may aswell replace the drop links while your at it.Poly bushes are around £20 each and drop links around £10-15 a pair. Hope that helps :)

Thanks for the reply mate.

Any recommended brands/suppliers to use for it all?

Also, easy to do on the drive on jacks/axel stands or will it need to be on lift? Seen that the bushes can be a ##### to "convince" to come off and don't fancy putting the muscle on and ending up with my car on my face! 😖 Haha

Similar issues on my E36, control arms, bushes etc known week spot on E36 prob the same on E46, after quite a bit of research decided to replace complete arms inc bushes, ball joints and drop links with Meyle heavy duty setup, was due to be done yesterday but one rubber boot was slightly damaged so had to wait for replacement, so not being fitted until next week. Decided against poly as some reviews stated that the ride was too stiff and as mine is a vert did not want to risk making the scuttle shake any worst

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links