Re-Spray Costs?

Michael_Fisher

Hi all,

I am currently searching for a 325i E30 Convertible to buy! I have found one but I'm not too keen on the colour. It seems fairly priced and it's in good condition. The only thing putting me off is the colour.

Can anybody recommend me a bodyshop for a decent and reasonably priced re spray? I'm in the north west but the location doesnt matter too much as i dont mind travelling to get a good job done.

Also what sort of cost am I looking at? The car I have found is red and I am after getting in re sprayed either Burgundy or a colour similar to Lachs Silver.

Any help would be appreciated guys! Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to have my E36 Touring painted during Winter , so I thought I'd try and help a bit here .

Costs can be what you want them to be . Honestly , you can pay £500 quid but it'll be as rough as hell , all the way

up to £15k by a top notch bodyshop .

A lot will depend on the state of the bodywork of your car to start off with . If there's any rust anywhere , I would advise

replacement panels , otherwise the maximum guarantee you will get will be 3 years before it rears it's ugly head again .

Also , bear in mind that after you've had your pride and joy repainted , putting back on old trim parts will make it look !Removed! !!

So budget for those too . Maybe also new bumpers if it's a non-plastic type .

To give you an idea , mine will have new bonnet £350 , new tailgate £500 , replacement rear wheels arches £200 each parts .

I will have the glass taken out and new ones installed afterwards with new windscreen . New door rubbers . New door trims etc .

For this I was quoted between £5k-£8k from Munich Legends in Sussex .

I also had a quote from a shop in West Bromwich,Birmingham which was £3k called BeemaBuild . And there is also a

reputable shop up in the North East who made the restoration to Park Lanes E21 .

If I find anymore info , I'll let you know , but I hope this helps to start with .

Good luck

Chris

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links