Still Cant Enable My Alarm ???

col3355

tried holding close button on remote, and asked around but nobody has the right answer yet ?, i have noticed purely by accident one night i was sat in car and turned ignition on and seen a reflection in a car parked infront of mine that my angel eyes were flashing ?, as if to signal something ? but nothing showing inside the car and no audio signal either, like i have said the car locks by remote ok just no alarm as if its been deactivated, any more ideas PLEASE.

Colin

Hello mate, on top of the dash in the middle by the screen do you have a red light, also if you do does it fash when car locked ( normally can only see this at night. my alarm works fine but had the kids in there the other day and locked car, the alarm was activated but they did nt set it off. but mine does work.

Hi Dave, my alarm light is connected to my mirror (red dome thing) but no light comes on, im nearly convinced that it has somehow been dissarmed ?, someone must know how you dissarm/arm the alarm ?.

Col

The alarm was an extra on the bmw, but not sure if you would have the light but bmw do silly things like put in the parts but dont connect them unless you pay, so either you have'nt got an alarm connected but does sound odd as you have the light but like i say it was an extra and std you have an immobiliser or somewhere it is disconnected or a fuse something like that, as the red light should be flashing when locked up but you cant see it flashing in daylight as so dim but at night in the dark you would. If you have the handbooks still have a look in there about the alarms, if not i have all the handbooks but will have a look, although mine is on the dash but i have a 2001 728 sport just before the new shape.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links