Fitting A Push Button Start

Barry Mann

hi there i have a 318is copue that i want to add a few things with just to make it stand out from the crowd and one thing was to fit a push button start but i cant seen to get the wires right so can anyone help me out and let me no which wires are what, i'd be very greatful for any help

post-3223-0-45232000-1338591001_thumb.jp

Guest DazH

Hello Barry,

Never fitted one but will be watching this one closely as I would love one myself!

Standby for someone to help :)

Daz

If you jump the yellow/black (or green/black) with the green it should turn over mate.

Will need key in and ignition on though.

There is a better/safer way to do it with a relay if you want me to explain that way.

• 3 months later...

Hi there i not sure if anyone can give me some advice iv got a bmw e36 compact 1995 problem is the ignition barrel is suck in position 3 iv removed the loom barrel (orange coloured) from the back of the ignition barrel and im using a screw driver to start the car using the loom barrel so basically by passing the ignition barrel i want to fit a push start button and a constant live switch but im not sure which coloured wires on the back of the loom barrel are what iv seen videos on you tube of people who have fitted these push start buttons and constant live switches but no one tells you which coloured wires you need to join from your loom barrel wires to your start button and live switch any advice well be very much appreciated iv got my mot coming up and worried that it will fail because im using a screw driver to start it and switch it off so would like to fit the push start button and a live switch so it will pass the mot got a quote from bmw for a new ignition barrel and they want nearly £300 to fit and re program the new key with the ecu fort this idea would be a cheaper way.

Hey Guys and girls :)

Very new to BMW ownership, and an Owners Car Club - So please bare with me and get ready for a gazillion questions hahaha :)

I'm also interested in getting this done to my E46 323i 2.5 '99 that I'm picking up on Thursday, I want it to stand out a little - but not like the boy racer extreme..... more class, style and rarity than anything to be honest. I'd say I'm more into performance and comfort than anything else, but want to do it right, at a steady pace etc etc.

If someone wouldn't mind helping (In dumb !Removed! terms ;) ) with instructions/guidance step by step guide if you like to get this sorted, then I'd be in real gratitude to you for you help.

Many thanks in advance,

Ross Staples.

Peterborough - Cambridgeshire

www.itsmyurls.com/djimid

post-5177-0-35267900-1348435059_thumb.jp

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links