First Time Buyer Of A Z3

Hello everyone, just looking for a little freidnly adivce. Just wanted people's thoughts on this. I owned a BMW 316 a few years ago and it tuned out to be nothing but trouble. Because of that I'm a little unsure about buying another BMW in fear of chucking more money down the drain.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201219469693095/sort/default/usedcars/price-to/3000/model/z3/make/bmw/postcode/ng157tf/quicksearch/true/page/1/radius/20?logcode=p

Thanks

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate, brought my first z3 3months ago, love it, one of the best drives on the road, have all ready covered 3000 trouble free miles, go for it!!!!

Z3's are a drain on your pocket.Oil change at an Indy,approx £115,service 1= £175, service 2= £230,roof replacement-soft top £500, just had water pump fail=£180,wiring issues,seat motors failing,remote locking failed,the list goes on and on.The problem is the Z3 is just about the best looking car ever made and is a superb drive on a sunny day.Difficult to recommend to anybody on a tight budget.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Owned mine now for 10 months, had nothing but niggly little problems since day 1. Any other car would have been thoroughly thrashed (Basil Fawlty style) by now, but every time I open the garage door I fall in love again. :wub:

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

only had mine on the road for a few days love it to bits no problems, Steven i think you got ripet off on your water pump when i changed mine only i think i got the pump for about £25

pistolpete

• 5 years later...
On 6/21/2020 at 7:53 PM, Ian wilson said:

Where can i buy genuine outer sills for a 2001 2.2 y plate?And what sort of price will they be?Cheers Ian

Haven't been able to source any as have been looking for one for mine to repaired the corrosion and slight damage, as good as new now.

Let us know if you do find a source for new ones

I bought my new sills mail order from BMW dealer Rybrook Warwick, in 2016, cost £125 +vat. Very helpful chap called Jason, in parts.

Cheers,

Bonzo.

• Like 1