Going Insane!

I need help :( I need someone to help me fall back in love with my car as I'm seriously considering selling her & going back to my old Jap ways :( Fuel is costing me a bomb and it feels like repairs after repairs at the moment! Can anyone PLEASE convince me to keep her?

I had a Glanza previously and loved it. Cheap insurance, cheap tax, great on fuel. But yes it let me down, bottom end went. My bloke has a Starlet GT at the moment which is undergoing an engine rebuild but going for bigger and better this time. Bad things come in threes so if I got another it would probably happen again! I do like the BM but I can't keep up with the costs which don't even feel worth it anymore as its one thing after another!

+1!! once problems are sorted youve got a top motor!! was a jap man myself and as much fun as they are there the biggest money pits goin!! so only good for breakin not fixin unless its a evo or skyline!! them glanza v are good while they last but as u no yourself bottem end goes and still goes after shelling out on a forge rebuild!! i no this as there are some locals that had them and blew up 2 of the engines!! n ended up at my mates scrap yard for breakin stick with the bm and get your fella to trade his starlet in for a m3!! im new to them had the e36 328is with164k and my 330ci with174k both been well looked after usuall wear n tear but good as gold!!!!! there just as tuneable too!!!!

Guest DazH

"Hey, What car is your one?"

Scenario A:

"The Honda"

"What one?"

"The Silver one"

"There are 5 silver ones"

"The one next to the purple one, between the two Toyota"

"Ah.. okay. Good cars they are, good cars.........."

Scenario B:

"The loud looking BMW"

"What the Yellow one?!"

"Hells yeah!"

"Blimmin 'el... :rolleyes: "

LOL! I love the fact it's yellow and there so rare apparently?! I love that it stands out :) And as for my other half getting rid of his Starlet.. He never would! I kinda like it though as our cars are so different :)

Guest DazH

Cars have personality. All cars do.

Your one is a flamboyant nutter

Jap cars tend to be generic like, the person behind the counter in Peckham Fried Chicken.

If a girl told me she owned a YELLOW... BMW... now THAT is some interesting shizzle right there. Someone who goes against the grain is how I would explain your personality

Keep it. throw money at it. Love it

Didn't feel like replying to my text earlier then Gav?! Rude!

I think I'll keep her.. I do love her I just hate spending so much money on it! Wouldn't mind if it was for modifications but a clutch or brakes doesn't fall under that category for me! Then again I never have been the type of girl to choose new clothes over new car parts ;) I'll give it a good clean on my day off this week me tinks! Thanks guys :)

dont let little things lower your love for ya car!! no matter what car u have they always need something doin.. andyour bmw is pukka!! especially in the lairy yellow!! :-) just look after her and she will go forever... stick wiv the yellow beaut

Can't Beat a Bmw, that lovely clunk of heavy doors whenthey shut, had a few jap cars, as good as they can e they are tinnie and full of cheap plastic...where a BM is a solid built motor with a a lovely strong interior, drives beautiful and just feels class......i mean when you get up and go out to your car what looks better staring at a mitsubishi badge or the BMW badge....also when you go into a BMW dealership, its like going to a luxury hotel " would you like a cup of coffee sir, come sit in our lounge and watch sky whilst we sort out the parts you requested" Total Class. And everything that DAZ said.

Guest DazH

Just a quick thinker.. What do we feel about gloss black trims?

Meh.

GLOSS black, not sure.

VERY black standard trim, Yup! :D

Guest DazH

Then what's the best way to get it back to a deep black? As mine are borderline grey!

Everyone has their own method. Back2black, peanut butter, boot polish, WD40 etc... etc...

Personally, I use a heatgun :) works wonders! Jus't dont use it on very fin trim like grilles as they WILL warp. Great for bumpers

Got to be CAREFUL though for obvious reasons.

i once heard on a car program that peanut butter was the way to get everything black nicely......my mate tried this on his van where all the trims went grey and it worked a treat, not done it myself but his trims looked brand new after he used it but did say hard work.....plus you can eat whilst you polish .... a win win situation......ps this aint a wind up. got something to do with the nut oil ...before you ask , use smooth not crunchy

i usedto use nono tek extreame tyre gel exellent results lasts for weeks!! good lil tip for ya just before you put anything on get the hairdryer out and go over the trim and should get you some colour back!! tyre gel works better then most trim treatments i have proof but cant load any pics up gutted!! unless some one is willing??

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links