Hey New To This!! Bought My First Bmw And I Luvv It!! Bmw All The Way!!

k44y-17

Hey ive just bought a 2005 bmw 120d se (163) model. automatic, silver, heated seats sensors etc...

well basically im young and i want big alloys, so ive found some 19 csl rims and i need some advice. will it fit and are they too big for the 1 series, and will i encounter any problems with 19 inches.

secondly im thinking of remapping it and my question is, is that a good idea or a bad one.

anyways thank you, hope to hear some feedback.

p,s

former audi person :)

Thanks gav for that, was a big help.

And I'm seriously considering the remap but I've been told today by a friend that it cud mess about, he said the engine management light will go off and apparently on diesel models yu get black smoke if yu remap?? Any ideas if that's true??

Thanks gav for that, was a big help.

And I'm seriously considering the remap but I've been told today by a friend that it cud mess about, he said the engine management light will go off and apparently on diesel models yu get black smoke if yu remap?? Any ideas if that's true??

Not if its done properly mate.

I had suspicions my 320d was mapped before I had it, found out recently it was!!

Caused me no problems mate, just tonnes of torque and high mpg

Gav the happy

welcome mate, agree with Gav, if done properly should have no probs .... but recomend a stage 0 tune first ie k& n performance air filter, full service, even to the point if needed new plug leads etc.... in other words make sure she is running perfect before remap...i have a V70R and i did everything including dizzy cap, plug leads, stainless performance exhaust, k&N cone filter kit, then i had her re mapped, think the last time i checked she is doing 0 to 60 in nigh on bang 5 secs and the mid range is awesome, top end 165mph> hwats great about her is she looks like an old Volvo Estate (1997) but it has Volvo full Rally spec ( Hence the R) that they won the BTCC in,

Basiclly a 2.4 5 cyl with a !Removed! great Turbo ( same as the Evos i think) and has hammered quite a few m3 s, etc .....Any way Re-map a good idea ..Lol

Thank you guys for the info.

I was actually looking into the air filter and I'm gonna be sticking her into BMW for a service and hopefully soon will be getting a remap.

The guy I spoke to told me he will try and push it to the 200 barrier and guarantees me 20 percent more fuel efficient. The place is called polimax and they do evolution chips. Anyone heard of evolution chips??

P.s

Thanks for all your help, much appreciated

Question to kee1173

Is that 7 series urs, and which 1 is it. I Luvv that shape and my personal opinion is that I think Das the best shape. My friend had a mauve purple 1 and it was the 728i and wot a machine. Proper luxury. The best gadget I luvvd I'm my friends 1 was that he had a coin holder which yu cud tuck away, luvvd it. The small stuff really catches on and also he had automatic head rests. With a clik of a button they go up and down. Those little stuff makes yu Lubb da car even more. I thought audis were good, how wrong was I.

Anyways sorry for chatting a whole load of bull.

hello K44y, yeah thats my 7 series, really does stand out in its colour ( steel Blue) not seen another one like it, but she is immaculate, thats why i bought her, one for the colour and 2 for the condition...She is a 728i Sport, 2001 ( basically 8 months later and she would have been the new shape) plus has all the toys, TV, Sat Nav, electric everything, full BMW service history and came witha folder full of all receiepts, MOTS etc from when she was new.....plus only done 120,000 so well pleased with her...But thanks for liking her, i have always wanted a 7 series, as in the past had plenty of 3 series and 5 series but i also have loved this shape of the 7 series and think it is the best that bmw made....but cheers again mate.

Guys need a bit of advice, ma brother told me wen ever I put my foot down, a lot of black smoke comes out the exhaust.

Do yu knw wot this could mean, does it mean I need a service or is it something else??

Also guys I bought new alloys and had to take it off. I bought sum 19 inch csl alloys and the car hated dem, it kept on hitting the arches and shredded the tires. Anyfing I cud do to fix dat issue??

Anyways thnx

P.s

How do I upload pics off my phone??

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links