Brain Picking

Ugly bob

Hi wonder if someone can put me right on a coupe of things.

What is the difference between a 728i and a 728i sport?

I know that the gearbox fluid is supposed to be for the life of the car (handbook)

But I've had a wee issue and am wondering, what oil is used, are there any filters in the box, how to check the level, and can I change the oil?

apparently according to a site i use quite alot, i will try a post the link, there are not to many true sports, but people have some of the options ie steering wheel and alloys and then they call them a sport..likely i have a true Sport ( more luck than judgement).

the difference is on a true sport is it has a high stall speed torque convertor and a lower ratio differential.

And apparently to identify a real sport :

M-parallel 18" alloys

Shadowline/ body colour exterior ( presume de chromed)

M steering wheel

Sports suspension

Sports seats

And the real give away is only the sport was fitted with Anthracite ( black headlining)

Basically they handle better, although the ride is a bit harder and are slighlty quicker and more revvy

Also it should say sport on the log book but apparrently this isnt always right, but the headlining is the big give away and thre ride of the car. So there is a diffference in the cars but i think speed wise its about half a sec quicker 0-60 and slightly more top end.

Would never guess i read all this, this is my own work...lol

Hey what you know mine is a sport black head cloth wheels steering wheel and the log book. Got it right for once ( I mean me) thanks David . Just the gearbox issue to get to the bottom of. On Hols next wk will have to grovel to my mate and borrow a ramp. I was thinking my days of dirty finger nails were bount to be over buying a 7 series but hey ho. Had a 87 e28 528 for 4 years and only put an exhaust on it other than servicing. Must say when everything's right the 38 a braw thing to drive though.

gotta say its one of them cars ( or my 728 sport is) that when you get to the end ofyour journey you justwant to keep going...as for the gearbox issue im not sure, i will have mine checked when it has its mot and service in the next month...other than that check out that website link i put up as that guy seems to know everything.

It's what I call stress free motoring comfort a wee bit performance and it looks good.

Gearbox issue I think is box is down on oil. Was parked nose down quite a steep hill had a problem for about 3 miles . Computer warning of transmision malfunction came on however car sat for 20 mins on level,when i drove again I switched to manual, alls been fine since. Ramp booked for the morning so hopefully just need top up/ a wee service for the box if I can get a filter tomorrow.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links