Changeing A Fully Auto Convertible Roof

mdpolo

hi can any one help with fitting a fully automatic roof on a 1997 318i please. i car'nt find a manual to show how it;s done. i've got the new roof im just not sure and could do with some one thats done one before to do it for me please as cheap as possible.any help would be really great full. the nice wearther comeing and it's my first bmw and first convertible and i car'nt have the roof down what a pain please help

thank you

yours martin

forgot to say i'm in the uk west midlands warley, oldbury area i could'nt put this in my information part as i could'nt see west midlands ect in the opctions for location choices soz

Guest Mister Dabsy

Doing is trying Martin... Retract the hood and open-up any panels for access.

Go for the main hinges and notice how the motor connects. Take foto's if you need to for refitting purposes.

This is a basic way I know, but will save you a mass of money !

i got one on mine if u need pics or to come look at it ur welcome dude im not that far away in stafford

hi thanks. im hopeing to find someone to fit mine as im abit weary of doing it. i was told that there was two motors im the boot but then i was told that there is only one and the main one in the front of the roof. also told that i would have to take a number 7 fuse out and put back in to reset everythink. being told to many different things. if i can find some one that as done a complet roof change i was going to see if they could do mine for me and i would pay them . i've got the the new roof and that was a right pain to find lol. thanks mate for the reply#

yours martin

i'm no gud at this sort of stuff lol

I admire anyone who trys this as it is a total pig to do, swapping the roof is easy however trying to get rid of all the wind noise/getting the fabric tight is a right pain in the ....

hi thanks for the reply . im looking for someone that as done a complet roof swop. i've got the new roof but i'm a bit weary of doing it due to being told different things. i'm willing to pay someone to the swop over as soon as i find someone to this for me

thanks yours martin im no gud at this sort of stuff lol

Doing is trying Martin... Retract the hood and open-up any panels for access.

Go for the main hinges and notice how the motor connects. Take foto's if you need to for refitting purposes.

This is a basic way I know, but will save you a mass of money !

thanks for the reply mate . i need someone that can do this for me as i'm a bit weary of doing it due to being told different things .i've got the new roof just needs someone that i could pay to for me thanks yours martin i'm not good at this sort of stuff

Can I ask whats wrong with the old roof

the main motor as gone at the front i was told also there is a small bar broken at the front and it looks a bit tatty and it looks like the last person how had the car as stuck the back window back in with some sort of black sicon stuff and covered a couple of what looks to be like !Removed! burns with the same stuff. but it does'nt leak when it rains. it could be fixed but i found one and it was in better condition and in working order so i had i'm just looking for someone to fit my new one for me it's the complet roof and frame as cheap as possabile.

thanks yours martin

help need someone who as done a complet roof change before and that would be willing to mine for me as cheap as possaible please. i would have a go my self and thought about it but i keep being told that it can be a pain in the rear. if you've never done one before.

any one that can do this for please reply with a price if intrested

thanks

yours martin

please need help. anyone know somewere that can do this job for me or how can come to me and do the work please. i really need this roof . i car'nt see fitting it being that hard but getting it to work right ect i'm not sure about. i car'nt evan find the fuse that you are sureposs to take out to reset once fitted. please anyone that can do this complet change thanks yours

martin

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links