Bluetooth

Hello Guys,

Could you tell me if it's usual that steering wheel has a bluetooth button but your car does not support it?

I have a phone button on the steering wheel but when i click MENU button on the radio such menu item does not appear at all.

There are only COMP, BMW, PARK and CONFIG. Meaning, no phone or bluetooth item at all.

Thank you

Yes but only in the four offered. However there is nothing like phone or bluetooth. Then i wonder why they left the phone button on the steering wheel? Is this only me or there are more bmw's without bluetooth and with useless phone button on the wheel?

• 3 weeks later...

I also have the button, but to go with this I have an external Ariel attached to the back window, and a microphone next to the rear view mirror. But can see no way of connecting my phone, I have had a look in the manual and have also had a look behind the stereo to see if anything looks loose. For the record it is an e46 330d with m-sport pack 204bhp model

Any help would be appriciated.

If i remember rightly i had the phone button on my steering wheel when i had my 330ci 2002. because it was a Mtech sport it hadthe sport steering wheel with this button on, this car didnt have the comms pack but when i asked bmw why it had this button they said it comes as std because if you wanted in the future to upgrade to the comms pack ( bluetooth, phone) the button is already there for it as this is one of the upgrades you can do on the car anytime....so basically yes you can have the button there but unless you have the comms pack it does nothing but if you choose you can get the comms pack added and then it will work.....i am 99% sure thats right

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links