Car Locking Itself

tony w

hi all

i have a b reg 84 320i fitted with a clifford alarm (is this factory fitted ?) the problem is when i unlock the car on the fob if i do not open the doors within 25 seconds the car locks itself and the alarm arms itself again. is this a fault or a security feature. also inside the glove box there are two tiny little toggle switches can anyone tell me what they are for.

thanks

tony

Guest Mister Dabsy

Hiya Tony, yes it is a security feature on the Clifford, you have to put the ignition key in and turn to first position (Acc) to prevent re-arm !!

As for the toggle switches, I cannot say but obviously fitted by a previous owner, try to chase the wiring from the switches to find out if they're connect to anything.

Best I can suggest mate.

Hiya Tony, yes it is a security feature on the Clifford, you have to put the ignition key in and turn to first position (Acc) to prevent re-arm !!

As for the toggle switches, I cannot say but obviously fitted by a previous owner, try to chase the wiring from the switches to find out if they're connect to anything.

Best I can suggest mate.

thanks dabsy thats a relief, i thought it was just one more problem to sort out.i thought those little switches might deactivate the alarm but they don't seem to do anything.i will check them out later my main prob at the moment is sorting out my coolant sensor.once again many thanks for the advice.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links