316I Compact Heater Problerm

Samuel Dalton

Hey guys me again :) i forgot about the problem with my heaters, I did a search and couldnt see anything to help me . My temp gauge slowly builds up to the centre within 5 mins or so, the heater doesnt blow out warm air its cold but sometimes its ever so slighty warm when the heaters are off but after 30 secs it blows cold again. sorry for the confusion :)

Thanks

Sam

Hey guys me again :) i forgot about the problem with my heaters, I did a search and couldnt see anything to help me . My temp gauge slowly builds up to the centre within 5 mins or so, the heater doesnt blow out warm air its cold but sometimes its ever so slighty warm when the heaters are off but after 30 secs it blows cold again. sorry for the confusion :)

Thanks

Sam

Hi My friend had the same problem in is... the cable had slipped of the back of the dial... It was an easy fix

Guest Mister Dabsy

Right, here we go...

Does your top-rad hose have a cross-head plug installed? Yes, run the engine (heater on max+heat) until warm and slowly open this until ONLY water expels... Tighten plug !

If not, get her on ramps (front wheels not rears lol) and run the engine... Warm her up and carefully release the rad-cap, leave her running for a while (heater on max+heat) until you're happy there are no more bubbles (10mins after temp in middle)... Close rad-cap.

Take her for a blast !

If the heater still blows coldish then it could be the Blower Resistor at fault... More on this if you still have no-joy...

I dont understand what you mean by the second part you wanted me to do below which i highlighted. is there another rad-cap or do you mean the top one? I tried the plug thing you told me at first but it didnt work.

also I felt the pipes going to the rad and the top one is roasting hot and the bottom one is cold. It's starting to worry me a little as I have been driving it around for a while now and im scared of the car blowing up lol.

get her on ramps (front wheels not rears lol) and run the engine... Warm her up and carefully release the rad-cap, leave her running for a while (heater on max+heat) until you're happy there are no more bubbles (10mins after temp in middle)... Close rad-cap.

Sorry for sounding dumb

Sam

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links