E30 Temperature Gauge Sensor

tony w

hi ,i have an 84 320i and i need a new temperature gauge sensor so i bought one online but the problem is the old one i took out was a single pin although there was a spare wire wrapped round it so i presume that someone replaced a 2 pin with a one pin at some stage. the new one has a 12 mm dia thread but the old one is a 14 mm dia thread so the new one is obviously too small to fit, i have been told that there is an adapter you can get to reduce the size to 12 mm but cannot find out any info on where to get one , can anyone please help otherwise my only other option is to get a complete new housing which i dont really want to do.

thanks tony

i contacted a bmw dealership in norwich gave them the details and they said the part was obsolete and they could'nt help me.

hi ,i have an 84 320i and i need a new temperature gauge sensor so i bought one online but the problem is the old one i took out was a single pin although there was a spare wire wrapped round it so i presume that someone replaced a 2 pin with a one pin at some stage. the new one has a 12 mm dia thread but the old one is a 14 mm dia thread so the new one is obviously too small to fit, i have been told that there is an adapter you can get to reduce the size to 12 mm but cannot find out any info on where to get one , can anyone please help otherwise my only other option is to get a complete new housing which i dont really want to do.

thanks tony

Contact your nearest dealer with your VIN number for the correct part... Cheap as chips !!

i contacted a bmw dealership in norwich gave them the details and they said the part was obsolete and they could'nt help me.

Sounds about right... Name and shame that Dealer to me...

Also your last FIVE VIN digits and I'll sort you a part number !!

my last 5 numbers are 95004.

the dealer trades online as wwwbmwpartsonline.co.uk

he was very helpful when i first contacted him but when i asked for a refund because the part did'nt fit he said he could get a reducer , but that was over two weeks ago and despite emails and messages left on his answer service i have had no contact from him.

thanks for your help regards tony

If dabsy cannot help,send me the vin and I am sure to have one in the shed.nice early e30.im a jelous man who needs photos of thos motor!

hi, if u go to page 3 of the new members forum i have pics on there under title pics of car.

vin no isWBAAA320209495004.

thanks tony

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links