Time For A Change

When to change?

Has this time come for me to replace my trusty old E39 with a more rounded younger model? It starts every morning, it doesn’t really rattle nor smoke however I know it will need welding on one sill for the next MOT, the Air bag light is on, it is rusty in the typical fuel flap area. All these faults are easy fix, However after 300,000 miles of looking out of the same stone chip windshield……….maybe I should retire the old girl(and add it to the barn) and fancy a change?

This now raises a question, E39 or E60, I won`t spend more than 7K on a daily runner, Judging by the E39 impeccable service I will run the next car for 8 or so years( so about the same mileage)

So 7k seems to buy the Very best of the E39 sport range or quite a good selection of mid miles early E60. What is everyone view on both models?

I know you lot are talking sense, I am not really one for new cars, I brought the 523 just before I turned 18 and I have lost a SCARY amount of money on it, and to be fair, I would prefer to pay my mortgage of rather than buy a new car. Dabsy is sadly correct, I am in the lucky position where my petrol gets paid by work however I fear if I present the fuel bills for 30,000 miles from an M5 I fear I may be called into the office for the mother of all shouting at. However a nice manual 540i sport maybe worth a look, or just a 530I sport which I now would make more sense

I dread the day I am given a diesel card instead of a receipt book! Id be stuffed then and I would have to join Gavs crew of black smokers

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links