Bmw Remap

Agreed, well known in the right circles and i personally have never heared a bad word about them, They faffed around with my M52 engine ECU a while back and its was a real improvement,

Whatever you do, do not go for a cheap of the shelf map!, it needs to be done one a rolling road to be 100%

Agreed, well known in the right circles and i personally have never heared a bad word about them, They faffed around with my M52 engine ECU a while back and its was a real improvement,

Whatever you do, do not go for a cheap of the shelf map!, it needs to be done one a rolling road to be 100%

What do you define as an improvment? Whats the cost?

My 323 is 170bhp out the factory,its a 1998 so over the years it lost about 15-20bhp,so before it got remapped it was running 150-160bhp,it now runs 200+bhp and 200+ torque and it cost me 300 quid for the remap.altho ive also got an induction kit on it and a s/steel race decat exhaust inc manifold,but 100% it was the remap that made the real difference :) next for me is an M50 inlet manifold and BBTB which will give it another 20-30bhp :). Hope that hepls

What do you define as an improvment? Whats the cost?

The biggest improvement is the MPG, mines a 523i which had a 528 engine installed when it was a few months old. I would welcome people to sit in the car and do the maths to support this, but on a good run it will return 39mpg on paper(about 48mpg on the trip), then on the rollers when they mapped it they said it was producing 223bhp which I took with a pinch of salt however I had it on the rollers a year later and it produced 217BHP(the guy who was doing the reading had no interest in upping the figure), personally it’s the MPG which is the biggest improvement!! Cost was about £300 quid although they were doing other things to the car at the time to get it through the emissions.

I do also have a convert M50 manifold to fit the car but I have never quite got around to fitting this, I have heard the 2.8 m52 will touch 250bhp. Whatever the person who thinks that is smoking some good stuff!

Guest Mister Dabsy

A point to take into consideration is do the mods first i.e. The Forced cold-air Induction kit and a top shelf exhaust system, Stainless steel exhausts are popular but I think they hold too much heat !

• 7 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...