Locked In/out

bholding1974

Hi All

Having a few issues with the new purchase. E46 Touring.... This time with the locks.

Sometimes when I go to unlock the car it will not unlock. The other day the car was getting hot (another problem which I am currently in the process of sorting) so stopped at a services. The central locking automatically locks when you drive and to unlock there is a button to press once ready to exit the car. Anyways, I press the button, there is a quiet click but the central locking does not unlock. Keys in/out of ignition, engine on and off and nothing - I have to just wait and fiddle before it unlocks.

So after a quick toilet break I went back to the car and the bugger would not unlock. After a fewe minutes playing I finally get in (if I press the boot ulock button then that will unlock and open).

Other times, generally I get in and out with no problem (this morning for example), there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it.

Does anyone else have this problem?

One idea I have is that it could be a temperature problem - when the engine gets too hot due to a cooling issue the electrics get hot, solders get hot and expand thus cross circuiting the system - I had a similar issue with my old Honda CRX - once warm the ingition would not fire it I stopped for petrol, I woul dhave to let her cool befroe starting up. Turned out the electrics needed resoldering as they expanded when warm.

If anyone has an idea please let me know, it may save me a trip to the BMW garage!

Thanks

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links