Digital Tv Upgrade

Since I have now got a 740i with TV I was scratching my head about what to do when normal tele goes off air and everything is digital..

My car has an AV input between the rear seats so I am wondering if one of the after market DVB-T units would work if it was plugged into the AV in socket?

Or perhaps there is a way of fitting it in the boot and plumbing it into the system from there. I am not keen on having wires running all over the place so the more discreet the better..

Guest Mister Dabsy

There is a BMW upgrade digital tuner module available, BUT it would be by far cheaper to use an aftermarket one with the AV input at the head unit !

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to resurrect this thread but ive just bought an Eonon DVB-T receiver on ebay for my 04 E53. is this AV socket mentioned literally in the back of the head unit or located in the boot where my nav unit & changer are? need to know as im planning on fitting this week coming.

sorry if this is a stupid question, im new to doing this type of thing.

answers ASAP please, thanks

alex

As I'm trying to research it I'm getting more and more confused. My 04 facelift X5 has nav but no TV. As said I've bought a DVB-T receiver for it. Is this even going to work??

If so where am I supposed to be plugging the AV cable (audio R, L & Video) from the receiver into my car?

I have an AV in & out in back of centre arm rest but that's not it apparently. Really confused!

Alex

I found this site to be of great help and inspiration for the upcoming loss of analogue TV, I really cant comment on if it would work if you don't already have a tv fitted to your motor..

My oem tv has an AV channel that I plan to use in conjunction with the AV in socket in the back of the center rest

http://www.meeknet.co.uk/E38/AV/Index.htm

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links