E46 Battery

Andy1878

Noticed recently the cars been struggling to start from time to time I'm guessing the battery is on it's last legs as it's still the original one and is now 10 years old I've topped it up and charged it up but it's still happening so anyone know what size battery I need and any where cheap that does them, cheers.

Guest Mister Dabsy

Just look for the 3 digit code (Large numbers usually) on the battery and have a search online for one, even ebay !! Expect to pay between 50 - 90 quid matey...

Agree with Dabs on this,but if you can Id also advise that you get the next size up,I went from a standard small size battery to a battery double the size and double the power and have never regretted it,long as it fits the hole and the terminals are in the right place and the cables reach :)

It will probably be an 075, 096, or 100, depending on your engine size. The above comments are spot on, go for as big as you can physically get it.

4 years warranty batteries usually have more power than lesser models for the same size and shape.

But get it tested before you shell out, and make sure you can trust the person testing it, as I see alot of "dead" batteries at work, and one of those "dead" batteries is still running on my 318 two years later !!!

John.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links