Cheerio To Saab ... Hi Bmw

Carmadone

My first BMW - pick it up tomorrow, 318i SE [143] on a 2008 plate. Not yet sure of how BMW "type" their cars ... E30 what??? However, after over two years of Saab 9-3 TiD ownership, thoroughly enjoyed the car, in 11 hours time I pick up my (not so) new BMW! Looking forward to my next two years with the "Beamer" and hope this forum proves as valuable as the Saab ones. I am sure it will be.

Who knows, I might be so sold on the BMW that I get another in two years! :o Two cars of the same brand???? Never :D Anyway, I bought it primarily for the performance and for the quality but admit I've always given them sideways glances. I hope - and am sure - I'll not be dissapointed with this car. So, it all starts tomorrow - does it really give more petrol MPG than the Diesel Saab? (47 against 42) I've already found out road tax is less, insurance refunded me some money, tyres are cheaper (even the run flats) - servicing? Last Saab major service was £450 with £200 for an intermediate.

So, Hi everyone - looking forward to the next couple of years motoring ... ooops just thought of one draw back already, I live in Scotland. Winter is very close. It snows here. Rear wheel drive! Any advice? :unsure:

Guest Mister Dabsy

Hiya fella, welcome to the forum...

Snow + RWD = Mucho Fun... Winter tyres are advised for up your way, some find more grip by dropping a little air from the tyres - If your tyres suggest 40psi (Cold) then drop to 30psi for example...

Also, you will get more action with the Traction-Control "Half-On" ;)

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I've been playing all weekend and the verdict is :D

The best bits I've found out, (so far anyway ... after all it's only been two days!!)-

Style, Quality, (no rattles or squeaks), comfort, CD plays MP3's, the ambience lighting inside, dash layout, residual heat function (very clever and useful too), auto air recirculation, LED number plate lights, LED lights under door handles, Stop/Start, Informative OB computer operated via stalk control, Storage cubbyholes, run flat tyres, great handling. Oh yes - and no raging depreciation! Bought the Saab for £10,500 two years ago and got just £3,995 PX against the BMW. Full Saab service history and only 40,000 miles on the clock :( .

Drawbacks compared to Saab-

Small boot, tiny glovebox and that's about it.

There is just no comparing the Saab with the BMW. It can only get better as I get to know the car. So, smiles all round for me!

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links