Central Locking

Bmw Rick

Hi just bought a p bmw 3 series im guessing its an e36 lol.First thing i noticed is the central locking doesnt work.What things could i look at to see why its not working besides the fuse.Im from a ford volvo back ground.

Guest Mister Dabsy

"Ford/Vauxhall Background"? I'm sure you must have a damn good reason, but hey :lol:

As for the Central Locking... Check the fuse(s), chase the wiring and more than likely have the drivers door-card off !! Oh, and does the fob work (I bet not)... Electrical fault me finks !

Hi, I just bought a e46 320d manufacture year:2004 and it came with only one key wich has no remote control and it looks like this in the picture below.

Can any one tell me is it possible to change this key to a key with the remote.Thank you

post-2280-0-19251200-1320358147_thumb.jp

Hi, I just bought a e46 320d manufacture year:2004 and it came with only one key wich has no remote control and it looks like this in the picture below.

Can any one tell me is it possible to change this key to a key with the remote.Thank you

Why didnt you right your own post instead of hijacking mine!

Guest Mister Dabsy

Why didnt you right your own post instead of hijacking mine!

I agree, Rick...

Anyway, contact a Stealer (BMW Dealer) and quote your VIN number, they can issue you one as all BMW's have alarm fobs from 1990's !

Guest Mister Dabsy

Firstly, you should introduce yourself, and your car, telling us about YOU... Then, create a Topic about anything, even any issues, we can then deal with it in a more personal way... ;)

Blatant hijacking is sometimes frowned upon, as it draws attention away from the original members' plight. Hope you understand...

• 4 weeks later...

I removed the horrid dtm mirrors that i got with the car and put the std electric mirrors back on to find my electric mirrors dont work.Does the electric mirrors work on the same fuse or wiring loom as the central locking because i havent got round to looking at that either though i do have a central locking motor to put on it to see if it works.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi ive got the electric mirrors moving lol,my problem is still the central locking ive changed the central locking motor and still nothing,im thinking it could be something electrical,ive looked in the fuse box today fuse number 7 is missing and when i stick a fuse in it blows it,but the bloke says it used to work.also on the fuse box it has to other locations for the central looking going by what it says but i carnt see any more fuse boxes.This is for the p reg 3 series beemer by the way lol

Guest Mister Dabsy

WCM or GCM is your problem if the wiring/connectors and fuses are fine... Take particular notice to whether or not the fob actually locks the car!? Or does ANYTHING... If not then there is your problem...

WCM or GCM is your problem if the wiring/connectors and fuses are fine... Take particular notice to whether or not the fob actually locks the car!? Or does ANYTHING... If not then there is your problem...

Hi mate whats a wcm and gcm lol

Guest Mister Dabsy

All BMW's have a general control module (GCM), it acts like a "Supervisor" within the electrical system. Modules tend to have very little in the way of faults, but like any circuit-board, they may acquire "dry" solder joints or faulty components.

On most, if not all, there will be a light-blue "Comfort" relay under the dash, this can fail - You could either, open up the relay and inspect the solder-points, get a new one or I think the Lighting relay has identical internals you could try swapping these just to test !

All BMW's have a general control module (GCM), it acts like a "Supervisor" within the electrical system. Modules tend to have very little in the way of faults, but like any circuit-board, they may acquire "dry" solder joints or faulty components.

On most, if not all, there will be a light-blue "Comfort" relay under the dash, this can fail - You could either, open up the relay and inspect the solder-points, get a new one or I think the Lighting relay has identical internals you could try swapping these just to test !

Hi Dabsy where does this relay live lol under the passenger side or drivers side?

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links