X5 Gear Transfer Box

bf89us

Hi X5 experts,

I bought an X5 2004 sport auto.I have question regarding my x5, where some time the car shaking while accelerating but its not permenant. My questions are, first, if this problem got to do with gear box or transfer box?second, may someone explain what is the fuction of transfer box, is it for 4wd?how much is the cost to change transfer box if i need to change it?any recommendation? Thanks.

Hi mate if there was a problem with gear box that was makeing the car shake you would have a warning light on saying gearbox fault if it's more of a judder and car has done over 80,000 miles then it's a good chance it bushes that need changing rear sub frame and front swayarm bushes when worn will cause judder on putting foot down

Hi mate if there was a problem with gear box that was makeing the car shake you would have a warning light on saying gearbox fault if it's more of a judder and car has done over 80,000 miles then it's a good chance it bushes that need changing rear sub frame and front swayarm bushes when worn will cause judder on putting foot down

Hi mart77, so far no warning light on gearbox failure and yes the car is at 81000 miles. i see, will check the prices for rear sub frame and front swayarm bushes. any idea about the price?

I'm having a similar issue as well. It sounds bad over speed bumps as well. Prestige when you say swayarm bushes is this the front anti roll bar that you mean? I've had these fail on lots of cars and it sounds the same as what I'm experiencing now.

The car also rocks a little when stopping at traffic lights etc..

I'm having a similar issue as well. It sounds bad over speed bumps as well. Prestige when you say swayarm bushes is this the front anti roll bar that you mean? I've had these fail on lots of cars and it sounds the same as what I'm experiencing now.

The car also rocks a little when stopping at traffic lights etc..

Hiya papperman, we having a similar issue here.but my x5 making the sound only a while during driving but not when stopping at traffic lights.yeah,I think its happened to all 4WD cars.anyway, lets wait for the experts to give us advice.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links