X5 Steering

Gerry

Hi Guys

Has anyone had any problems with there X5 pulling to the left, ever since ive changed my front tyres to the same size as the rear ( 225 ) the car pulls to the left, ive changed the control arms, both front track rods, had it laser tracked twice yet it still pulls, the steering wheel will move to the left on the slightest touch, like if im crawling in trafficand im just hovering the brake pedal it is enough to make the car strat to wander, i,m not sure if a worn ball joint would cause this as that is the only other thing I can think of before I change the wheels over, any ideas or help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Gerry

Hi mate when I was considering changing my factory fitted 20" wheels for 22" the guys at my local BMW garage did say it would affect the handling of the car so incorrect tyre size could cause this but I'm no expert I'm sure one of the lads on here will be more help

Hi mate when I was considering changing my factory fitted 20" wheels for 22" the guys at my local BMW garage did say it would affect the handling of the car so incorrect tyre size could cause this but I'm no expert I'm sure one of the lads on here will be more help

Hi mate thanx for your reply, the wheels are standard 20" by changing them I should have said swap them over rear wheel for the front etc, seems strange that since ive changed from 185 to 225 all round the car has developed this wandering fault,

Thnx

Gerry

post-771-0-06398000-1318962167_thumb.jpg

Hi mate thanx for your reply, the wheels are standard 20" by changing them I should have said swap them over rear wheel for the front etc, seems strange that since ive changed from 185 to 225 all round the car has developed this wandering fault,

Thnx

Gerry

When I bought thecar last year it had 285 on the rear and 225 on the front, I replaced the front to the same size as the rear then the wandering fault started, ive checked that the replaced tyres are on the right way round, are all fully balanced correctly, air pressure is perfect, and has been fully laser tracked with new track rods fitted today with the o/s/f slightly bent, without stripping down the whole front end and replacing it I thought to ask if anyone has experienced this type of problem before, i,m drawn to replacing the bottom ball joints to see if this will correct the issue, i do all the work myself but i,m just a mere diy chap, never had much dealings with stering geometry fault so i,m kind of lost with this one.

Cheers

Gerry

When I bought thecar last year it had 285 on the rear and 225 on the front, I replaced the front to the same size as the rear then the wandering fault started, ive checked that the replaced tyres are on the right way round, are all fully balanced correctly, air pressure is perfect, and has been fully laser tracked with new track rods fitted today with the o/s/f slightly bent, without stripping down the whole front end and replacing it I thought to ask if anyone has experienced this type of problem before, i,m drawn to replacing the bottom ball joints to see if this will correct the issue, i do all the work myself but i,m just a mere diy chap, never had much dealings with stering geometry fault so i,m kind of lost with this one.

Cheers

Gerry

The car was built with 285 tyres on it, the previuos owner changed the front two to 225 but the lowest it can go is 255, i changed them to 285 all round and bang thats when the problem started, now if the rear can take 285 the front should as well as far as I can see, but you have me thinking maybe I should change back to 255 or before that change the rear with the front to see if that helps

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links