Key Programing

hi on my bmw 323 1999 the key fob dont work i tried pairing it up by turning on then off holding the unlock button and pressing the middle three times once the central locking locks and unlocks get out and it still dont work on the fob any ideads

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Mister Dabsy

I think this another myth Smarty, as the physical key must have a pos and neg to recharge but alas it is solid... There is a battery (Lithium) and will need changing after around 6-7 years... Awaiting correction :unsure:

just after posing this i desided to try open the key in the end i ended up getting a screw driver and a hammer to open it not reccomended as these are a sealed unit and the battery is not replaceable as its attached to the the board its self no way of getting it off with out breaking it away :(

Guest Mister Dabsy

Does it have a soldered tab on the top of the battery?

TBH When people came in with this problem, they walked out with a NEW cut key and not that expensive really (Included setup too LOL) :rolleyes:

Does it have a soldered tab on the top of the battery?

TBH When people came in with this problem, they walked out with a NEW cut key and not that expensive really (Included setup too LOL) :rolleyes:

yeah thats the oone mate and the battery has like a cover over it

• 2 months later...

hey i know this thread has been around for a few months now but i need some advice if poss, ive had my one and only key stolen so i need to get a replacement one before i can do anything with my car!! ive rang the AA but they said theyre lock assistance cant do anything because the likes of BMW and Mercedes dont release the software, now ive tried to ring BMW but they are still closed but ive been told that they should be able to get me a replacement after about 5 days from germany, now have i just been fobbed off? or does anyone have any experience of this? and what was the outcome timewise and cost,

thanks DeanT

Guest Mister Dabsy

hey i know this thread has been around for a few months now but i need some advice if poss, ive had my one and only key stolen so i need to get a replacement one before i can do anything with my car!! ive rang the AA but they said theyre lock assistance cant do anything because the likes of BMW and Mercedes dont release the software, now ive tried to ring BMW but they are still closed but ive been told that they should be able to get me a replacement after about 5 days from germany, now have i just been fobbed off? or does anyone have any experience of this? and what was the outcome timewise and cost,

thanks DeanT

Answered on your other Topic, Dean ;)

• 5 months later...

the fob doesnt have a replacable battery does it?doesnt it charge when in the ignition?

i know this i was told by BMW that your key charges everytime you turn it on to drive, and you can programme your keys to your seating postition which is electrically adjustble, so say u have 2 keys and 2 drivers everytime you put the key in it changes to the setting you both made lol, it baffeled me for ages, wondering why my seat kept changing. that was on my 2003 e46 330ci convertible

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links