Major Problem.

realcss

It's really starting to stress me out this problem I'm having.

I have a 318 2.0 convertible manual 52Plate ,

The problem is;

When i'm driving mainly when at speed, randomly all the power cuts out. The battery warning light comes on, followed by a *beep* then the engine is cut out. I try to restart the engine with the key whilst driving in neutral but theres no luck, i have to pull over. Then wait about 5 minutes before it will start again. The car runs fine, INFACT I have just had it serviced and MOT'd this month which cost me £1,134 the problem was happening before the service/mot.

Also sometimes the engine comes back to life without me having to turn the key, but the traction control is off, like both lights are on (!)

If anyone has had/having similar problems can you please help me out.

Or if anyone who knows a lot more than me which will most likely be all! :)

Thanks in advance, Dan!

Similar..

Car stalls whilst driving was caused by a sticky throttle body. Your problem is abnormal as you need to wait 5 mins for her to fire. Very weird. Temperature gauge and Oil pressure gauge alright? If your temp gauge is okay, check the coolant is present.

Daz

Similar..

Car stalls whilst driving was caused by a sticky throttle body. Your problem is abnormal as you need to wait 5 mins for her to fire. Very weird. Temperature gauge and Oil pressure gauge alright? If your temp gauge is okay, check the coolant is present.

Daz

It's very weird, I've known nothing like it before. Just power cuts, battery light comes on, then a beep. when i'm trying to start it the starter motor is making noise but just isn't firing up.

Thanks for your response!

It's very weird, I've known nothing like it before. Just power cuts, battery light comes on, then a beep. when i'm trying to start it the starter motor is making noise but just isn't firing up.

Thanks for your response!

Get it sorted asap as when your turning, your power steering should die and almost lock your wheel.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links