Turbos Vs Superchargers

Hi Steve.I will try to explain... Superchargers pumps cold air for outside the vehicle and mixes with the fule before being forced into the cylinders.This way the colder the air the less the fule can expand, so more fule can be allowed in cylinders causing a bigger explosion and more bhp :)PLUS NO LAG....A turbo uses the hot exhaust gases and expands the fule before reaching the cylinders and keeps expanding in the cylinders.So you are limited to how much fule is aloud in the cylinders.So the colder the air the more fule can be forced in and more bhp :) .Thats why drag cars dont run turbos because of less bhp and that wounderful thing called turbo lag...Waiting for the turbo to spin up fast enough..And super charger costs around five thousand to be bolted on you engine and up which is the down side.So the colder the mixture the more fule can be forced in and more bhp.Now if you want serious power then nos is the way to go.But thats a different story all together and reliability is lost and big upgrades to the engine are need to be done. :mellow:.Well i've tryed my best to explain the best way i can and hope it helps.Im sure someone will come along and correct me somewhere.Cheers Symon.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links