Mods

swift322

If its a e36 323 then yes you can,you can get an m50 inlet manifold and big bore throttle body conversion and that will put it up 20ish bhp and costs about 500 quid to do properly,I have all the details of who,what,where etc if you want them :)

Here are some details:

The Bbtb/manifold conversion is designed to remove the restrictions that BMW deliberately built into the M52 2.8 engine. They did this to restrict the power to 193 bhp (the same bhp as the old 2.5 unit). The reason for the restriction is the German insurance market, which penalises cars which have more than 194 bhp. However, the 2.8 has a much better torque figure than the 2.5 unit which is purely down to the extra 300cc’s of the 2.8 litre engine.

This conversion has to be easily the best power per pound that you can buy for the M52 328/323 engine. The engine revs all the way to the redline without any hesitation at all. Where as the standard engine struggles from 4,500 revs.

The kit is unique, in as much as it is a properly engineered kit, designed to give a like for like swap over, with no leaks. The M50 manifold has been machined to accept all the M52 emission control parts. The only extra job needed is a small cut to the fuel rail which takes no more than 2 minutes to do. The matching bbtb and enlarged ASC unit (if fitted) enable the full potential of the engine to be taken care of. Even the existing M52 stabiliser brackets will bolt up in exactly the same way as normal.

It will fit all E36 328s and all E39 528s up until 1998 model. It will also fit the 323 /523 models with similar gains in bhp. It will not fit the later dual Vanos E46 model or the later dual Vanos Z3 and E39 models from 1999 onwards.

The kit takes about 3 to 4 hours to fit. The only downside after installation is the fuel rail cover cut outs don’t quite match the manifold runners, though it is barely noticeable

Power gains are in the region of 20 -25bhp, typically giving around 218bhp on a 328 and around 193bhp on a 323.. Tests have shown that this manifold will flow 275 cfm of air as opposed to the standard 185cfm!

Schrick make a free flow manifold, which costs £900 without the body! The Schrick unit flows 250cfm.

The manifold itself is an extensively re worked second hand M50 manifold. The modified manifold has a new custom made chamber, screwed and bonded into the underside, which houses the idle valve, air sensor, and oil recirculation valve in exactly the same position as the original M52 manifold . The manifold comes

complete with the previously used seals that came with it. Though you might prefer to buy new ones which I can supply.

Also in the kit is a big bore throttle body and if you have 'ASC', a big bore traction control body. These are sold on an exchange basis, where you return your old body or bodies once the kit is fitted. I will also need the plastic chamber from your old manifold that houses the idle valve etc. The manifold comes with a slightly reworked one already fitted. This saves you from modifying your old chamber to fit the custom made chamber housing

E39 5 series models require a Pas reservoir relocation bracket at £10..

You can retain all your old parts for an extra £115.

The cost is £340 without traction control or £390 if you have traction control. + £20

postage. I can fit the kit for £100 (In Essex)

If you want to do the conversion in stages, I can supply the throttle body on its own which can be fitted prior to the full

manifold conversion. This will cost £120 for non traction or £170 with traction

control. These are exchange prices, so I will need your old ones back after

fitting. The manifold can be added later at a cost of £240, but only if the bbtb has already been purchased.

However, if you already have a 2.5 litre M50 manifold that needs converting, I can convert it to plug and play fitment for £175. This does not include the bbtb

In Summary

Bbtb/manifold kit £340 with exchange throttle body.

Bbtb/manifold kit with ASC (Traction Control) £390 with exchange throttle body.

With both of the above options, I will need your old throttle body and plastic icv chamber/seal returning to me after fitting. If you have ASC, I will also need the ASC unit.

Pas relocation bracket for E39 5 series £10 (Not required for E36 323/328)

If you prefer to keep your old parts, please add £50 for the throttle body, £50 for the ASC unit, and £15 for the icv cover.

New manifold to head seals are £25 per set of 6.

I can allow £60 off the price if you supply the donor manifold.

Fitting is £100

Postage is £20

You can phone me on 07968 391056.

email alpina527@aol.com

Thanks

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links