Help

X5 Wayne

Help have problem and warning light came one saying low water level. I stoped at garage about 100 yards away then it spat all it's water all over the floor the top rad hose was like a balloon let it cool down. The temp gauge never went above half way so it did not over heat put water in got home and warning came on again. Let it cool down filled it up with water bled the system took it for a run got back and the top rad hose was pumping like a hart about 3pm across I think it could be water pump or thermostat what do you think. It's only done 80000 with full service history can you help please thanks wayne

Guest Mister Dabsy

Is the bottom hose a lot cooler? If it is then it could be the thermostat sticking/failing...

I take it that there are no suspicious coloured smoking at the tail-pipe...

Guest Mister Dabsy

Looked on Internet I could be loads of things f**k going to be expensive I thinks

If it is telling you "Head issues" then lets do other tests first...

i had my 4.6 for about six months and had no problems really with engine but spent a few quid on running gear ie had both sway arms replaced gear box softwear update and is currently got back end striped off for sub frame bushes but driving it makes it worth it

I do not now o had a 5.7 chevy befor this one had it for five years all it had was brake pads and a service once a year and lost of petrol love x5 and this is my 6th BMW had 2 525i and 318is a 325i and now this one

I now what you mean my chevy was runing around the 400 bhp had full induction kit full race pipe it was fast bm is nice but my chevy turned more heads But the bm goes round bends and is more fun I love to drive it this one is going soon am after 4.8is next

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links