Help

goggs

I have a BMW X5 3.0D Sport 2004.

Unfortunately a few problems have just surfaced.

Firstly i tried to open the door last week and it wouldn't! The outside handle now feels loose and i heard something drop to the bottom of the door. (I now have to open all the windows to open the drivers door)

Secondly (The main problem) Yesterday i have noticed there is a problem somewhere with the car. It is hard to get to speed and doesn't seem to change gear at the right point, the revs now go up to 3 - 4000 revs and stay there . The MPG has gone down to 19 MPG average where it was 32. When i accelerate it takes ages to get to speed and a lot of black smoke comes from the exhaust. I think it may be getting hotter as well although it doesn't display this on the thermometer its just when i get out the car it feels very hot.

Guest Mister Dabsy

Door issue - Get the door card off and replace the rod, a plastic retainer may have broke but an elastic band is an easy fix !!

Black smoke issue - This sounds like an EGR fault, check connections to it... Better still, remove it and clean it Thoroughly then replace !!

I actually removed mine and blanked it off using steel plates !!! But my advice is to clean it ;)

Door issue - Get the door card off and replace the rod, a plastic retainer may have broke but an elastic band is an easy fix !!

Black smoke issue - This sounds like an EGR fault, check connections to it... Better still, remove it and clean it Thoroughly then replace !!

I actually removed mine and blanked it off using steel plates !!! But my advice is to clean it ;)

Well yesterday the car got much worse and there is a severe lack of power and the self levelling suspension light keeps coming on.

One AA patrol man said it was the intercooler pipe then another one said it was a hole in the intercooler. It's in the garage now and no one really knows what is wrong!

They say it will be a few days. I would give anything to have my X5 back.

Guest Mister Dabsy

Good luck with the "Stealers" mate :blink:

Keep us informed !

But, most of all, keep an eye on them because I dare bet they'll hardly touch it :angry:

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links