No Start

berty bmw

Hi , i have a 318 ti compact and it does have 1 or 2 little problems , when you first start it up from being cold it does not keep running unless you keep the revs on abit , after 10-20 seconds its fine it will tick over but still alittle lumpy , and when its warmed up its ideling around 950-1000 mark any ideas as to what the problem is and also how to fix would be great , many thanks

hi and thanks for getting back so soon , a friend did say about the icv as for the other stuff will clean the throttle bodies at the weekend , is the cam sencor a easy fix or is it better left to the garage

fuel wise it had a quarter of a tank and it did 45 miles before the light came on not sure if thats good , running wise it runs spot on when its warm pulls through gears nicerly , the clutch does feel heavy to press not to sure if that just a typical thing =)

Guest Mister Dabsy

You could try removing the cam sensor and clean it... Maybe have the rocker cover off too, just to check that the oil is wet and not sludgy up there !

As for the economy, 45 on a quarter is not good, check the plugs and get back to me with their condition...

Clutches can feel like that if you've driven different cars etc.

ok will get back to you over weekend if i can find my tools , wife been in garage tidying up now cant find a !Removed! thing lol ,

i didnt think that was bad fuel wise to what i been driving vectra sri with super chip fitted and on £20 i was getting 70-80 miles and had the same on mk3 mondeo ghia x 2ltr , be better to work out when i put £20 in petrol and work it out that way

Guest Mister Dabsy

Usually big tanks on BMW's...

20 quid in mine barely gets me 70 miles at the current price mate...

Find those spanners :P

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links