Water Inside My Car

Garygazmataz

Hi everyone, I hope sombody can help. I have water in the passenger side of my car. I park facing up hill so luckily the water runs to the rear passenger foot well where it is easily spotted. I cleaned out the heater box cowl drains that where filled with everything from leaves, stones and mud. It's a hell of alot better, but this morning I found a small trickle of water, meaning I haven't quite sorted it. Any ideas.

On my mini it was the sun roof and by the pollen filter.

There is a button the changes the air circulation to just inside instead if drawing air from outside.

Switch this to inside circulation, this will block water from coming in here, if no water after that, you found the culprit.

• Like 1

On my mini it was the sun roof and by the pollen filter.

There is a button the changes the air circulation to just inside instead if drawing air from outside.

Switch this to inside circulation, this will block water from coming in here, if no water after that, you found the culprit.

Thanks gav that sounds like a good place to start. As it's raining AGAIN here will switch it over now.

I had this prob with a car a few years ago turned out to be a split in the pipe that fed the rear window wash it traveled under carpet in centre console

Thanks for that idea. Unfortunately for me mine is a coupe, so doesn't have that option fitted. But keep trying every one as that's another place to look eliminated. I will find it if it kills me. Lol

Check all drains at botom of window screen aint blocked

Ok but first I need to know what drains and where. I've done the ones in the centre of the screen where the heater blower is. Has helped but not cured. Are there more???? Cheers gav.

Guest Mister Dabsy

Does it have a sunroof? If it does then the drain-tubes maybe blocked causing the water to find an alternative route through the bodyskin.

If not, then maybe a door-window seal? Open the doors and just listen for swishing (Don't think it will be that, though)...

Maybe have a look under the car and inspect the round bungs for fatigue as these will draw water in whilst driving if they've failed...

Check the wheel arches too...

Just trying to cover some bases mate !

Does it have a sunroof? If it does then the drain-tubes maybe blocked causing the water to find an alternative route through the bodyskin.

If not, then maybe a door-window seal? Open the doors and just listen for swishing (Don't think it will be that, though)...

Maybe have a look under the car and inspect the round bungs for fatigue as these will draw water in whilst driving if they've failed...

Check the wheel arches too...

Just trying to cover some bases mate !

Hi dabs. No sunroof fitted. I dont think it's door seals as they look to be in fairly good shape. Not sure about the round bungs, but will take another look at those today. If I remember correctly when I was checking out the exhaust last time I did have a look at other stuff under it. The bungs looked to be covered in underseal but will recheck. I've got a horrible feeling that I'm going to have to take out the passenger seat, glove box and pull back the carpet. As for wheel arches i dont think its a problem so much when driving but when parked facing up hill outside my house, the car was stationary for two days then when i got in i checked and there it was. Job for the weekend I think. Cheers guys will keep you posted.

Guest Mister Dabsy

Now you mention the "Uphill" business, I think its dripping in thru the bulkhead... Check the rubber bungs behind the engine on the body (especially if new wiring is involved)... If you suspect anything there then gunk it with some grease to help seal it and repel water !

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links